|My breakfast is happy to see me!|
Cook the oatmeal according to package instructions.
Here's where you can adjust the flavours to suit your mood:
- Switch out the water for another liquid such as juice, coconut milk, soy milk, milk....even tea
While cooking add to the pot the flavours of your choice:
- 1 chopped apple (keep the peel), handful of raisins, 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- handful of chopped dates (sweetness), shredded coconut,
- pumkin pie spices and smow pureed pumpkin
- chopped pineapple, coconut, and some rum extract (Do you like pina colodas?)
- a handful of chopped dried apricots, some chopped walnuts...
- dried blueberries
Today I felt like apples, dates, and cinnamon!
Lately I have been adding some frozen strawberries and a gulp of maple syrup before popping it into the microwave for 2 minutes.
Being prepared for the week ahead helps keep morning mayhem to a minimum. Get up, get ready, have breakfast, and go.