|I could have eaten the whole pan!!!!!|
Bacon Wrapped Jalapenos
Adapted from Brown Eyed Baker and Pioneer Woman Cooks
- 10 to 12 jalapenos, pick some nice large peppers
- 1 8 oz brick cream cheese, softened (you can use light cream cheese if you wish)
- 3/4 cup old cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound bacon, choose your favourite. I went with a glorious apple wood smoked bacon.
Mix together the cream cheese, cheddar, cilantro , and some salt and pepper until well mixed.
Wash the peppers
|Remove the innards!!|
Slice the peppers in half and remove the seeds and the veins.
Cram a good tablespoon full of creamy cheesy goodness into each pepper half...mmmmm...
If your peppers are on the small size, you can get away with half a strip of bacon to wrap around but lets face it, we all know I love bacon....I used a whole slice per pepper half....glorious apple wood smoked bacon.
Wrap a slice of bacon around each pepper half.
The other two recipes recommend baking these little beauties on a rack to lift them out of the bacon drippings. I didn't do that but I think I will give it a try next time just to get the bottoms nice a crisp.
Bake at 350F for 20 to 30 minutes or until the bacon is nice and crisp!
Let these fantabulous little bundles of jalapeno bacon goodness cool a bit so you don't burn your tongue.