Some of the things I learned tonight (some I already thought but David just re affirmed for me):
- Local food is a gift and we should embrace it
- Despite #1, the 100 mile diet is a load of crap....how can 100 square miles nourish that many people?
- Cook for yourself...do it because you love it.
- Share your cooking with your loved ones.
- Technology is our friend and we should all use it.
- Generation 'Y'....apparently they are smart and they know how to shamelessly promote themselves.
- Speak up for what you want....if you stand there being polite, you won't get a photo with him.
- Yelling sometimes helps
- It is possible that David has some sort of attention deficit....but it works.
- Never order the 'special' at a restaurant....ever.
- Fish in a cream sauces means don't order the fish....ever.
Of course the evening did include some food...local food of course and boy oh boy was it fabulous!! It was a bit of a finger food extravaganza...Wings, chicken strips, pork tenderloin, pulled pork....mmmmm boy!
snacks, and chocolates available to munch on as well. Locally bottled water from Canadian Gold was offered, and even given away for free!
All in all it was a great evening... I will have to keep an eye out for events such as this!