|This pic was taken in Muskogee, Oklahoma|
|On first base in Owasso, Oklahoma|
Tonight the Boy confessed to a hankering for some creamed spinach...this is one of my favourites too...
I do have a quick and easy recipe for creamed spinach that is perfect for this type of craving. I originally used the recipe from Martha Stewart but over time I have changed it somewhat. This is what I made tonight:
Easy Peasy Creamed Spinach
- 2 10oz pkg frozen chopped spinach, thawed (hey, it is winter here, cut me some slack)
- 1 small onion, diced small
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or crushed (or grated)
- 6 0z block cream cheese
- pinch (or grating) nutmeg
- 1 tbsp oil, butter, or coconut oil
|I like to use a small grater to get the garlic into the party!|
Squeeze the excess liquid from the thawed spinach and add it to the pan.
Grate or add a pinch of nutmeg to the pan and stir.
When the spinach is heated through, add the cream cheese.
Let the cream cheese get all melty and mix it in with the spinach.
Until next time, stay warm and eat well!!
(And play ball!!)