Since I am new to the blogging world, there are 2 posts today!! The pizza pops I actually made on Saturday and felt the need to share the pizza goodness with you. Yesterday my Dad brought over some apples from his friend's yard. Today, my friend from the famous blog, Whipped , made a post about rhubarb apple crisp thus reminding me that I still have rhubarb in the garden and tonight I sprung into action!! I don't follow recipes very well when it comes to apple crisp so there really aren't proper measurements.
- Wash the apples, core and wedge the apples....leave the skins on!! Use enough apples to fill your pan to the top.
- Wash and chopp some rhubarb
- Toss the apples and rhubarb with some light brown sugar, lots of cinnamon, ginger, and a big drizzle of honey (I like to mix all of this together in the pan I am going to bake it in because it means less dishes!)
- a couple of handfuls of old fashioned oats (don't you dare use quick cooking oats) about 2 cups
- about 1 cup of flour (whole wheat works fine)
- some light brown sugar
- some white sugar
- 1/2 to 3/4cup butter, cold
Spoon the mixture over the apples in the pan and pat it down.
Place the pan on a lined cookie sheet (protect that oven from spills).
Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes.