For the brownies:
Pre heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Butter a 9inch square baking pan. Line with parchment. (The parchment helps for easy removal to cut the brownies later.)
In a pot (or in a bowl in the microwave) melt:
- 1/2 cup butter and stir until smooth with;
- 1/4 cup of your very best cocoa powder
In a bowl beat:
- 2 eggs until frothy
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2/4 cup flour
- a pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup nuts
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cayenne (or to taste, depends on how hot you like it)
- mini marshmallows and crumbled graham crackers.....This leads me to the ultimate brownie treat...read on until the end of this post for the ultimate brownie treat!
Pour the batter, scraping out the bowl into the prepared pan.
Shake the pan or use a knife to even the batter out in the pan.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. A toothpick should come out clean and the edges will start to pull away from the edges of the pan.
Chocolately brownie icing:
- 1 1/3 cups icing sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp softened butter
- 1 to 3 tbsp hot water
Pour the icing over the HOT brownies right when they come out of the oven. The icing will melt and then set up to a nice firm consistency that cuts nicely!
If you want a coloured icing, replace the cocoa with 1/3 cup of more icicng sugar and add the colouring of your choice. Mix and proceed as per instructions
Ultimate S'more brownies
- Line your prepared pan with whole graham crackers, breaking them into pieces if needed to fit the bottom of the entire pan.
- Pour the batter over the graham crackers
- Bake the brownies as per usual
- Top the baked brownies with halved large marshmallows (or whole miniatures) and a chopped up milk chocolate bar.
- Place under the broiler until the marshmallows are golden brown
- This tasty treat cuts best when it is completely cooled...you know what they say, the waiting is the hardest part!